FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why Shop Here?
Direct Download Issues
- How does Direct Downloading work?
- I did not receive my product. Where do I go for help?
- What file format will I be Downloading?
- Why aren't Layer Styles and Patterns offered via Download?
- What is the order process when purchasing CDs or DVDs?
- Can I purchase your direct download products on CD?
- I purchased your CD, how long does it take for shipment?
- What Methods can I use to pay?
- Can I try before I buy?
- Can I purchase your products by cash or check?
- Can I place a Bulk order or special order?
- Where do I go for Technical Assistance using your products?
- How do I load and use your Actions?
- The PDF files won't open or I'm being asked for a security password?
- Will the Software run on both Windows and Mac Platforms?
How does Direct Downloading work?
When you place an order for direct download products, your order is processed through Share-It. The order is done through their secure servers. Once the payment is verified, They will send you a link where you can download your products. The products will need to be downloaded. Files are sent as .zip files, and once downloaded, you can then open the file with a zip utility. For Windows users, WinZip is a free utility that you can use to unzip these files. Visit the WinZip site for more information and to download this utility. For Mac users, Stuffit Expander is a free utility that can be used to open the Zip archives. Please refer to the Stuffit Expander site for more information and to download this utility.
I did not receive my product. Where do I go for help?
If you require help with any part of the order process, contact Share-It Customer Service. They handle all steps of the order and fulfillment process for Chainstyle's direct download products.
What file format will I be Downloading?
All product files are downloaded as .zip files. Once these are downloaded to your hard drive, you will need to use a zip utility to open them. For Windows users, WinZip is a free utility that you can use to unzip these files. Visit the WinZip site for more information and to download this utility. For Mac users, Stuffit Expander is a free utility that can be used to open the Zip archives. Please refer to the Stuffit Expander site for more information and to download this utility.
Why aren't Layer Styles and Patterns offered via Download?
The reason Layer Styles and Patterns are only offered on CD is because most times these files are much larger than other add-on files such as actions. This takes up a lot of bandwidth, and also makes for a much longer download time on your part. For this reason, any files that are extremely large will still be offered in CD format. Go to the CD/DVD products page to view the available product offerings.
What is the order process when purchasing CDs or DVDs?
When you place an order for CD or DVD products, the order is processed through Paypal. All aspects of the order are done through their secure servers. Paypal supports most major credit cards and echecks. You can use PayPal to pay for your order even if you do not yet have a PayPal account. Should you have any technical difficulty with your order process, please contact me via email at email@example.com and I would be happy to work with you to resolve any issues that may arise. Once the order is placed, the product is shipped within 48 hours to the address you provided with Paypal.
Can I purchase your downloadable products on CD?
Yes. I can create a custom order for you with the files you wish to purchase Included on the CD. The cost of the CD is the total value of what you wish to have included, plus an additional $5.00 fee for the cost of the CD and custom order purchase. To make a custom order purchase, contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide me with the details of your custom order. We can then work out payment, depending on your custom order. Custom orders will be paid through Paypal.
I purchased your CD, how long does it take for shipment?
All CD shipments are sent out within 48 hours of purchase. Within the Continental U.S. your shipment can take up to 2 weeks to arrive (usually this takes 4-7 business days from the date of receipt of payment). Outside the Continental U.S. shipments can take up to 6 weeks to arrive, depending on the country to which the product is being shipped. If you have purchased a CD, and it has not arrived within this timeframe, please contact me at email@example.com so that I can remedy the situation.
What Methods can I use to pay?
My site uses two shopping carts:
- CD/DVD Purchases. Paypal is used as the payment method for CD/DVD orders. Paypal accepts most major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. They also accept money directly from your financial institution and a paypal account (if you have one). All that is required is an email address and a phone number. You do not have to have a paypal account in order to send money for a purchase.
- Direct Download Purchases. Share It is used as a reseller for my download products. They accept We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Diners Club, as well as UK debit cards Solo and Switch/Maestro. They also accept cash, check, paypal, and wire transfer. For more information, view their FAQ on Payment Options.
Can I try before I buy?
Samples can be found on my Downloads page. Most of these samples come from files found within my products.
Can I purchase your products by cash or check?
Yes to both. While I don't advise sending cash through the mail, you can send either cash, check, or money order as the method for your payment. Payments can be sent to Robert Anselmi at 5 Warden Street #31, Saugus, MA. 01906. If you purchase CD products, please allow the approrpiate time for shipping. If you purchased direct download products, your products will be delivered via your email address, so don't forget to include that with your payment. If you purchased a combination of CD and Downloadable products, you will receive both an email, as well as a CD in the mail within the specified shipping timeframe. When purchasing using this method, please be as specific as possible and write down the full name of All products you wish to purchase, your email address, and in the case of CD purchases, your name and complete physical address. Products will only be delivered after payment has been cleared by my financial institution.
Can I place a Bulk order or special order?
Yes you can. If you require a custom order, contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know a little bit about what you need. I'd be happy to provide a custom quote.
Where do I go for Technical Assistance using your products?
Generally, technical assistance falls into 2 categories:
- I do not know how to load or open your software in Photoshop. If you are unsure how to load or open add-on software within Photoshop, your first stop should be the help file or product documentation that came with Adobe Photoshop. All the information is found there, including how to load actions, gradients, layer styles, patterns, etc. In some cases, my products also ship with a helpful "Using Photoshop Add-On software" PDF document, which also answers these questions. Also, see below for brief instructions for how to load actions in Photoshop.
- I do not know how to use your software within Photoshop. If you are unsure how to operate or use my software within the Photoshop environment, first check to see if any PDF file was included within the software you purchased from me. Often times, this documentation explains how the software is used or applied to your own photos. If no documentation exists, and the product being purchased are actions, then the instructions are included directly inside the actions themselves. Run the Actions and follow all on-screen instructions. If you still come up against a snag, contact me at email@example.com and I can help you.
How do I load and use your Actions?
It's quite a simple process. But what confuses most people is that you have to open the files from within Photoshop. So first unzip the files (if they are downloads), and then follow the process below:
- Open photoshop
- Open your actions palette (Windows -> Actions or Alt+F9 – for Windows users)
- In the actions palette, there is a little drop-down arrow at the top right corner. Click that and select "Load Actions" from the menu that opens up.
- Navigate to where you stored the action files on your hard drive. Select a file and click the "Open" button.
- Give it a second, and all the actions are loaded into the actions palette.
If you want to know how to use or run the actions, the basics are as follows:
- Assuming you are using a Frame action, Open an image you want to frame first. If not, skip to the next step.
- From the actions palette, select the action by highlighting the title (it turns blue; ie: it's selected).
- Press the little "play" video button at the bottom of the actions palette.
- The action will run through it's steps and provide a result (either on your image or within a new document).
Note: Every action I create includes instructions within the steps of the action. Follow these instructions, and you shouldn't have any problems. These instructions explain what the action does, and what steps need to be performed to have the action function properly.
Now wasn't that simple? ;-)
The PDF files won't open or I'm being asked for a security password?
This is a common problem and is due to an outdated version of Acrobat Reader on your machine. To remedy the situation, go to Adobe's website here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and then download & install the latest version of Acrobat Reader. If you have installed the latest version of Acrobat Reader, and still cannot open any of my PDF files, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can correct the situation.
Will the Software run on both Windows and Mac Platforms?
Yes. So far, all the products will work on Both Windows and Mac platforms. Photoshop is cross-platform compatible, and therefore, all the files will work on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. Product compatibility is always listed on the main product catalog page. Refer to the product descriptions for compatibility issues.